Feb 12, 2012

Yummy Monday: Close to Famous, Part 3

(Photo from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody)
     Today is the last installment of the Close to Famous cupcakes! (Click here for more info about the book.) The recipe featured below is the secret one hidden in Joan Bauer's Close to Famous webpage. I've done the finding work for you so that you can get straight to baking! So now let me introduce you to the Malted Milk Cupcakes created by Joan Bauer's daughter!

"Everyone needs to feel like a kid again. This is why God made cupcakes."
--Joan Bauer


More Close to Famous cupcakes:
* Foster's Famous Vanilla Cupcakes + Vanilla Frosting
* Sonny's Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes + Serious Chocolate Frosting

4 comments:

  1. SO yummy sounding. I must definitely make this! I loved malted milk balls so this will surely work for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
    2. Om nom. :) These were so good. The toasty malt flavor and the cocoa went together swimmingly! The cupcake was light and moist and the frosting tasted like the inside of a whopper. Also there weren't too many ingredients used so none's pantry gets destroyed in one go. I recommend replacing the sugar with honey, it made mine a lot moister and very springy yum. The frosting was a tad runny so I recommend chilling and adding some more confectioners sugar. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for sharing! Sounds so delicious!

      Delete

So, what do you think, oh Lovely Reader?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...